Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Oh no


Lucas was playing in his crib the other night for a long time and Ryan finally went in and said, "Lucas, can you go to sleep now?" Lucas said, "Yes" and he did! Yeah for this cute boy!

Most mornings Lucas wakes up and plays in his crib for awhile and then I go get him when he says, "Mama, Daddyyyyyyy!" Today I was just about to go get him and all of the sudden his door starts opening...oh no! He learned how to climb out of his crib! I told him to show me how he did it and he showed me. I wanted to make sure that he didn't just fall out or jump out. He was actually pretty safe. My life has been changed as I now know it. I put him down for his nap and he immediately got out. Are you kidding me?! But then I put him back in and told him sternly that it was naptime and he shouldn't get out. He slept for a few hours, but then when he woke up he immediately got out of his crib. Tonight we put him to bed and we watched him on the monitor trying to get out and then change his mind and go back in and then change his mind again and try to get out. We told him to get back in his crib and he immediately laid back down. I hope that this is just a new trick and is just testing it, but it won't turn into a habit. My sisters have told me that they have crib tents so kids will stay in. I may need to invest in one. He is getting to be such a big, independent boy. I can't believe he is almost 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment