Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sleeping


When we brought Lucas home, he slept in this basket on our dresser. We transitioned him into sleeping in his room but he is in the basket in his crib. I think that we will soon transition him into his crib. Up until last week we still swaddled Lucas really tightly. We just started wrapping him with one of his arms out and he is doing great sleeping. Maybe if he is lucky he will get both of his arms!

We have tried to keep him on a good nap and bedtime routine and he does so well. We will read a couple books, sing a couple songs, and then we put him down and he falls asleep on his own. It is so nice! He is such a great baby.

This is one of the songs that we sing each time he goes down for a nap or bed (so he hears it about 3-4 times a day!). We may not be the best singers (I am actually pretty terrible), but we do it for Lucas and he seems to know what it means when he hears this song:

I am a child of God and he has sent me here
Has given me an earthly home with parents kind and dear

(Chorus) Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way
Teach me all that I must do to live with Him some day

I am a child of God and so my needs are great
Help me to understand his words before it grows to late

Chorus

I am a child of God, rich blessings are in store
If I but learn to do his will, I'll live with him once more

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment